Quantcast

Drouin Supercharger

newboltz333
One for hobot.
Commando 850 mit Drouin. Fuel injected no less....
On ebay land of dreams...

http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d8/5b/d565_3.JPG

Re: Drouin Supercharger

Ken Augustine
Hobot can have the Commando if I can have the Diana.

KA

Commando 850 mit Drouin. Fuel injected no less....

On ebay land of dreams...

http://i18.ebayimg. com/01/i/ 000/d8/5b/ d565_3.JPG

    _

<!--

#ygrp-mkp{
#ygrp-mkp hr{
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}
#ygrp-mkp #hd{
#ygrp-mkp #ads{
margin-bottom:10px;}
#ygrp-mkp .ad{
padding:0 0;}
#ygrp-mkp .ad a{
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
-->

<!--

#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc{
font-family:Arial;}
#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc #hd{
#ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
-->

<!--

#ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
#ygrp-text{
font-family:Georgia;
}
#ygrp-text p{
margin:0 0 1em 0;}
#ygrp-tpmsgs{
font-family:Arial;
clear:both;}
#ygrp-vitnav{
#ygrp-vitnav a{
padding:0 1px;}
#ygrp-actbar{
#ygrp-actbar .left{
float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
.bld{font-weight:bold;}
#ygrp-grft{
#ygrp-ft{
padding:5px 0;
}
#ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
padding-bottom:10px;}

#ygrp-vital{
#ygrp-vital #vithd{
#ygrp-vital ul{
padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
#ygrp-vital ul li{
}
#ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
#ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
font-weight:bold;}
#ygrp-vital a{
text-decoration:none;}

#ygrp-vital a:hover{
text-decoration:underline;}

#ygrp-sponsor #hd{
color:#999;font-size:77%;}
#ygrp-sponsor #ov{
#ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
#ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
#ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
#ygrp-sponsor #nc{
#ygrp-sponsor .ad{
padding:8px 0;}
#ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
#ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
text-decoration:none;}
#ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
text-decoration:underline;}
#ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
margin:0;}
o{font-size:0;}
.MsoNormal{
margin:0 0 0 0;}
#ygrp-text tt{
font-size:120%;}
blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
.replbq{margin:4;}
-->

Re: Drouin Supercharger

hobot
Thanks, saved the photo to growing collection.
I've a good bit of Tom's flyers and magazine tests plus user reports
back to the begining with TC's drag racing and a very few current
users. A more permanent
site should store this for future as mine is proven pure fate dependent.

hobot

RohanB wrote:

> One for hobot.
> Commando 850 mit Drouin. Fuel injected no less....
> On ebay land of dreams...
>
> http://i18.ebayimg. com/01/i/ 000/d8/5b/ d565_3.JPG
> <http://i18.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d8/5b/d565_3.JPG>

Re: Drouin Supercharger

hubert-4
mc-enginei have got a related question, anybody tried the small aisin superchargers?
i am looking for a small supercharger to use on a 650 cc twin, .
the smallest aisin is fitted to the subaru vivio, ( 660 cc) to should be a pretty perfect match.
but i havent found anybody who stocks them over here, the small vivio is probably only sold in japan.
They turn up on ebay ( australia) every now and then , but it would be nice to know what i should be looking for.

cheers,
      Hubert

Drouin Supercharger

hobot
hubert wrote:

> i have got a related question, anybody tried the small aisin
> superchargers?
> i am looking for a small supercharger to use on a 650 cc twin, .
> the smallest aisin is fitted to the subaru vivio, ( 660 cc) to should
> be a pretty perfect match.
> but i havent found anybody who stocks them over here, the small vivio
> is probably only sold in japan.
> They turn up on ebay ( australia) every now and then , but it would be
> nice to know what i should be looking for.
>
> cheers,
>       Hubert
Drouins need expensive nursing to make safe reliable with scarce parts
and drives configured for 1970's HD's to Honda's.
Ebay has a widow maker Lake carb 'injector' on 850, a rare chance at one.
*http://tinyurl.com/2vnk78*

Might look into small european models or these 2 stroke cuties..
http://www.mountainperformance.com/

hobot
Drouin dyno sales chart
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2252064710037141179oBPTJo

Re: Drouin Supercharger/Aisin supercharger

the750guy
Hello;
   I have the small 300cc Aisin supercharger, I'm just in the process of mounting it on a CB750 SOHC. I have to spin it at 2X the crank speed to get around 6-8 psi boost.  I am blowing thru a GSXR set of throttle bodies.
 There is a 500cc version that I think might work better if I go to a bigger bore, the 300cc unit should work on the stock 736cc Honda. From all the info I can dig up the origional 660cc car motor the Aisin 300 ran at just under 2X speed so at 2X it should about replicate the same boost. I will use megasquirt to run the injection.
  I can post some pics of my progress so far if anyone is interested.
Joe

Re: Drouin Supercharger

the750guy
Hello All;
   I had a Druin supercharger on my CB750 automatic sand dragger years ago. The throttle stuck wide open on full boost and as the bike is an automatic I had no clutch to pull in, I finally got two plug wires off the motor so the thing finally slowed enough to let the butterfly in the carb flop closed. That experiance plus blowing bearings, chewing belts and general bad reliability made me dislike the thing. Eventually traded it for a 4LS front wheel off a Suzuki water buffalo. I felt I got the better of the deal.
 Joe

Re: Drouin Supercharger/Aisin supercharger

bikebreakerbob
Hi Joe Allen.....I'd be interested in those pics too.Do you guys sand
drag under an organization?? if so..who?? It sounds pretty kick
ass...must be some hard core racers involved...                  --
In [hidden email], dan mcmanus <mcman56@...> wrote:

> Where did you get the supercharger?  I would be interested in
seeing pictures of your project.

> Dan
>

> To: mc-engine@...: the750guy@...: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:48:32 -
0700Subject: Re: Drouin Supercharger/Aisin supercharger

> Hello;
>    I have the small 300cc Aisin supercharger, I'm just in the
process of mounting it on a CB750 SOHC. I have to spin it at 2X the
crank speed to get around 6-8 psi boost.  I am blowing thru a GSXR
set of throttle bodies.
>  There is a 500cc version that I think might work better if I go to
a bigger bore, the 300cc unit should work on the stock 736cc Honda.
From all the info I can dig up the origional 660cc car motor the
Aisin 300 ran at just under 2X speed so at 2X it should about
replicate the same boost. I will use megasquirt to run the injection.
>   I can post some pics of my progress so far if anyone is
interested.

> Joe

icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan

Re: Drouin Supercharger/Aisin supercharger

hubert-4
mc-engineyes please,  pics would be nice,
so far i have only seen a couple of pics,
so seeing one actually fitted to a bike would nice.

cheers,
      Hubert

  Joe

Re: Drouin Supercharger/Aisin supercharger

hobot
Dan,

I've had 3 Drouins, one w/o adjustable flat belt, but possible to remedy
and 2 of the adjustable flat belt light wt. impeller kind. I got the
last ones
available that showed up from a couple of N. East coast extremists of
the era.
http://nortoncommando.com/start.htm [Norton Eye Candy to see!]

I know of maybe one Drouin left from ~4 yr ago while tracking them.
It was to be adapted to a Sporter but he lost interest as it was non
adj. belt type so needed machinist to update/modify.

I sold the mate of my pair to biker/machiist that reengineered
soup to nuts. Now ~4 yr, each time I check in he's more and more
pleased on mostly stock 850, even takes couple hundered mile
round trips on one belt and loving it more and more.

Tom Drouin may have created one of the deadliest add ons in
motorcycle history short of the front fender passenger seats though
never heard of deaths from front seats but sure have from Drouins'
deadly sticking Lake, one pull cable-spring only return, flat slide.
My mate started his on the Lake [ open tap to flood open tube
at bottom, shut off, start bike on fuel pddle OR ELSE, then try
to open tap before dies, but after that, to a man all calim uncannty
smoothness, even if unable to ilde very slow]
 but he said even mere blips in his shop, he felt the
hesitations of shut down and told me he'd not move it till normal
carb fitted. Now he's working up to bigger CV carb for MO power.

This is remarkable good news to me as each and every prior
user always soon crashed, died, divorced or bankrupted before
enough use for Drouins to show up at rallys or anywhere much.
I'm pensive deep down, only cavalier  in rocking chair day dreams.

If not for Ms Peel chassis modifications, Drouin could easy over
power cornering stability and brakes and tires and chain and
tranny and spokes and fates. You think my posts are of wild
abandon to G's, I've never posted to level of Mike or Bruce
and John have on description of acceleration ability, compared
to GP bikes and Nitrus injected sports rockets they own. I've
saved them - if bored by the ordinary.

hobot

Here's Mike's classy 850 with early two stage scab on belt drive
centrifugal version. It might still be available somewhere in UK>
http://www.captain.norton.clara.net/pic9.html#pic9.top

I've not put up any photo's of Peel dressed out Droiun, just
examples that mostly match, but wlll as happens.

hobot

dan mcmanus wrote:

> Where did you get the supercharger?  I would be interested in seeing
> pictures of your project.
>
> Dan
>

>     To: mc-engine@yahoogrou ps.com
>     From: the750guy@shaw. ca
>     Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 21:48:32 -0700
>     Subject: Re: Drouin Supercharger/ Aisin supercharger
>
>     Hello;
>        I have the small 300cc Aisin supercharger, I'm just in the
>     process of mounting it on a CB750 SOHC. I have to spin it at 2X
>     the crank speed to get around 6-8 psi boost.  I am blowing thru a
>     GSXR set of throttle bodies.
>      There is a 500cc version that I think might work better if I go
>     to a bigger bore, the 300cc unit should work on the stock 736cc
>     Honda. From all the info I can dig up the origional 660cc car
>     motor the Aisin 300 ran at just under 2X speed so at 2X it should
>     about replicate the same boost. I will use megasquirt to run the
>     injection.
>       I can post some pics of my progress so far if anyone is interested.
>     Joe

Shoot the shots to me 750guy, there's plenty other craft beside cycles
that I might like to boost too.
hobot

750guy wrote:

> Hello;
>    I have the small 300cc Aisin supercharger, I'm just in the process
> of mounting it on a CB750 SOHC. I have to spin it at 2X the crank
> speed to get around 6-8 psi boost.  I am blowing thru a GSXR set of
> throttle bodies.
>  There is a 500cc version that I think might work better if I go to a
> bigger bore, the 300cc unit should work on the stock 736cc Honda. From
> all the info I can dig up the origional 660cc car motor the Aisin 300
> ran at just under 2X speed so at 2X it should about replicate the same
> boost. I will use megasquirt to run the injection.
>   I can post some pics of my progress so far if anyone is interested.
> Joe

Re: Drouin Supercharger

hobot
OH CRAP! not other Drouin almost doing  pilot and bike in for good story.
Wonder what happened to the next user or if it will be discovered
someday by an innocent  unknowing its vampire nature to make families'
grieve. I'd not attempt another Drouin but a cut in half turbo maybe.

hobot

750guy wrote:

> Hello All;
>    I had a Druin supercharger on my CB750 automatic sand dragger years
> ago. The throttle stuck wide open on full boost and as the bike is an
> automatic I had no clutch to pull in, I finally got two plug wires off
> the motor so the thing finally slowed enough to let the butterfly in
> the carb flop closed. That experiance plus blowing bearings, chewing
> belts and general bad reliability made me dislike the thing.
> Eventually traded it for a 4LS front wheel off a Suzuki water buffalo.
> I felt I got the better of the deal.
>  Joe

Autorotor model 1050.

Ian D-2
With all this talk of superchargers...............

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on an "AUTOROTOR" brand
supercharger Model 1050.  ( Made in Switzerland ? )

Specs are : Screw type SC'r with 500cc / rpm and 18,000 rpm max.

I have one and would love to get my hands on another, but AUTOROTOR
were taken over by someone ( a US co. ? ), who dropped the small
displacement models.

Happy to pay new price or close ( for new condition ), even interested in
any that have hand-grenaded or had bolts / nuts go thru them.  ( At the
right price )

Any leads appreciated.

Cheers         IAN

See www.drysdalev8.com for :
- Drysdale 750-V8 Sports & 1000-V8 Cruiser
- DRYVTECH 2x2x2 Experimental
- Carberry Enfield 1000cc V-Twin
- Drysdale Hillclimb Open Wheeler

Re: Drouin Supercharger/Aisin supercharger

the750guy
Dan;
   The supercharger came from Thialand, from a small car.
Joe

    To: [hidden email]

      i have got a related question, anybody tried the small aisin superchargers?
      i am looking for a small supercharger to use on a 650 cc twin, .
      the smallest aisin is fitted to the subaru vivio, ( 660 cc) to should be a pretty perfect match.
      but i havent found anybody who stocks them over here, the small vivio is probably only sold in japan.
      They turn up on ebay ( australia) every now and then , but it would be nice to know what i should be looking for.

      cheers,
            Hubert

  Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now!

Re: Drouin Supercharger/Aisin supercharger

bruce396
Hi, i am trying to find parts and info on the drouin s/c that is fitted to my 1973 commando 750. all the leads i could find recently were about 4 yrs old and are turning up dead-end. I need to find bearings and flat drive belts,or any other info you may have. Much Thanks. Bruce Hunt.  email; bhuntss@gmail.com
hobot wrote

750guy wrote:

> Hello;
>    I have the small 300cc Aisin supercharger, I'm just in the process
> of mounting it on a CB750 SOHC. I have to spin it at 2X the crank
> speed to get around 6-8 psi boost.  I am blowing thru a GSXR set of
> throttle bodies.
>  There is a 500cc version that I think might work better if I go to a
> bigger bore, the 300cc unit should work on the stock 736cc Honda. From
> all the info I can dig up the origional 660cc car motor the Aisin 300
> ran at just under 2X speed so at 2X it should about replicate the same
> boost. I will use megasquirt to run the injection.
>   I can post some pics of my progress so far if anyone is interested.
> Joe

Re: Autorotor model 1050.

Dave Williams-3
Ian wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could get my hands on an "AUTOROTOR" brand
> supercharger Model 1050.  ( Made in Switzerland ? )
>
> Specs are : Screw type SC'r with 500cc / rpm and 18,000 rpm max.
>
> I have one and would love to get my hands on another, but AUTOROTOR
> were taken over by someone ( a US co. ? ), who dropped the small
> displacement models.

  Autorotor used to be sold by Fleming Thermodynamics in Britain and
Whipple in the USA.

Re: Autorotor model 1050.

Ian D-2

>Autorotor used to be sold by Fleming Thermodynamics in Britain and
>Whipple in the USA.

Thanks, I'll chase them up and se if they have any old stock.